Here are the five steps to alumni support and student success:
- Create your educator account on Alumni Toolkit. It’s easy and it helps you plan how to use and recruit your alumni.
- Click “recruit alumni” to send invites with our email, Facebook, and LinkedIn messages. You can send your own invites or use the emails and posts we’ve made for you.
- Repeat as needed to launch your alumni network. Sending a few invites will help build your starting alumni network.
- Review alumni profiles and select the alumni that match your program goals. Search by interest, education, career or background, then select the alumni who best match your program and student goals, send emails and plan your event.
- Then host your event, watch students engage, and realize your lesson/program goals.
Every alumni can make a difference.
Think of it this way:
- Recent high school grads can boost college access with FAFSA support, high school graduation advice, and college campus tours.
- Alumni in their early careers can offer real-world strategies on how to navigate and prepare for today’s workforce landscape.
- Established professionals can connect schools with business partners, site visits, internship, and funding opportunities.
- Every alumni can help students and teachers by providing real world feedback for student presentations, or as tutors and mentors to help students succeed.
“Students said it was important to them that the alumni ‘came from where I come from’ because they were ‘more real’ and were able to have genuine and authentic conversations, asking things they otherwise would not have.” - Elaine Roper, English Teacher at The Bridge Academy